Welcome to the Professional Development Resource Site for Fieldcrest K-6.
Ten Features of the Illinois Partnerships in Comprehensive Literacy (PCL) Model
1. Framework for Literacy uses a workshop approach for meeting the needs of all students within an integrated, inquiry-based curriculum.
2. Coaching and Mentoring – using contingent scaffolding, coaching cycles, and a gradual release model for increasing teacher efficiency.
3. Model Classrooms--Creating constructivist settings where teachers meet together to apprentice one another in implementing the literacy framework.
4. High Standards are based on the Common Core Standards and professional standards that align with specific benchmarks along a literacy continuum.
5. Comprehensive Assessment System – includes a school-wide seamless assessment system with multiple measures for evaluating success.
6. System Interventions include Reading Recovery and small group interventions in grades K-3 and classroom and supplemental group interventions in grades 4-12.
7. Collaborative Learning Teams (Professional Learning Communities) --Uses authentic contexts for learning, including study groups, book clubs, peer observations, cluster conferences, and demonstration lessons.
8. Well-Designed Literacy Plan includes short and long-term goals with specific benchmarks for continuous literacy development.
9. Technology for Learning Uses technology to learn about the world, including searching for information, communicating with others, and creating new products.
10. Spotlighting and Advocacy –includes techniques for disseminating information on the model, school successes, including news releases, articles, school reports, and presentations.
Language Arts and Workshop Resources